Thursday, October 4, 2012

Off-Roading at Mokolodi

After several days of non-stop work, we took a detour through a small, almost uninhabited game reserve.  We should have realized it wasn’t a big draw by the absence of fellow passengers on the 4WD safari truck.  The roads were nearly impassable at times, the animals were few and far between and the heavens were weeping on and off.  Otherwise, it was a bit of an adventure for two exhausted missionaries.

Here are some lowlights.  There weren’t many highlights.  I did, however, pet a snake for the first time, and hopefully last time, and lived to tell about it.  I opted out of having it crawl around my neck.  That said, I never cease to be amazed at the Lord’s amazing creations.


2 comments:

  1. Fun trip. Nice slide show. Can imagine your bumpy ride. Laughed about your "snake" experience. Glad you and your sweetheart had a chance to enjoy the country side with and difficulties. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed watching your video collage of the colorful and interesting animals, birds, Africans, and two special missionaries. I loved that blue-colored bird. You were SO brave to touch a snake...I am a real non-snake person! You two were so brave to take that tour with not many other people around, but I am sure it was worth it when you saw nature's creations.

    ReplyDelete