Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Worms: Divine or Disgusting?

"We had a 'team meeting' yesterday at the ERC (Employment Resource Center). After the meeting we had some cake with African custard pudding and were served a bowl of dried caterpillars. Dad and I opted for the cake even though the black men at the meeting said that the worms were divine and

a coveted delicacy. There is no way in the world we would buy into that! We politely declined. I thought I would hurl just thinking about it. We watched wide-eyed as they crunched the 'divine delicacies.' They reminded us that Americans eat snails! Actually, I did see a menu earlier this week that offered 'Six Sizzling Snails' as an entree. I passed on the snails and got a pizza. His point was well taken, though." - Sister Basso





2 comments:

  1. My Vote: Definitely Disgusting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, did you miss a great opportunity! Good thing our food storage is not made up out of dried caterpillars! Most of us would starve to death!

    ReplyDelete