Monday, January 30, 2012

Temples Are a Beacon



"This is a great video about the sacrifices that people make to go to the Temple. I thought it appropriate to share with you as my mom recently posted about the Temple Assistant Fund and the blessings of the temple. The voice is of our prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

My family and I traveled to the Washington D.C. Temple on Saturday about 3 hours from our home in Philadelphia. Some travel 5 minutes to the temple while others sacrifice much and go a great distance to get to the temple. It is never thought of by us as a sacrifice but a great blessing to enter the House of the Lord." - Melia

2 comments:

  1. Great video to remind us of what a great blessing it is to have temples to draw us closer to God. I remember when I was younger, I flew from Washington DC to Utah to attend the temple before my mission in 1965. That was 2,500 miles away. Now I live in Washington State and there are three temples within several hours drive. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great examples of commitment and sacrifice. Thanks for sharing.

    We saw a billboard ("in your face" advertisement) the other day that said "PARADISE REQUIRES SACRIFICE." Anything worth having is worth working for . . . especially something that has eternal value.

    ReplyDelete