Sunday, June 10, 2012

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER . . . (1-2/3 cups)

Life is full of adventure!  Thankfully, I just survived being stuck in the elevator alone during a power outage when I was on my way down!  After banging on the door and trying to force it open, ringing the emergency bell, yelling for help and trying to remember what MacGyver would do, I was running out of solutions for escaping from the tiny prison.  Fighting panic and nearly exhausted, I dropped my forehead against the wall of the lift and prayed for a rescue.  When I turned again toward the sealed door that held me captive, it opened without resistance.  I was free!!  Freedom is not to be taken for granted no matter where we are!  Life, like a “lift,” is made up of many ups and downs.  Since my incarceration in the elevator/lift, two words remind me of where my thoughts should ascend to, in or out of the elevator.  They are affirmations that lift my spirit and encourage me to keep. “Going up!”

I’m grateful for the tender mercies of a caring Father in Heaven who loves me unconditionally.  He helps me break the shackles of gloom so that it has no power over Joy.  He can help us change the weather forecast from gloomy to sunny. 


                         
On every life a little rain must fall.  The pathway to peace can be a difficult journey.  Though not easy, it’s worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment